Kristen Paulicelli and Ensemble of Carousel. Photo courtesy of Brett Thomas.
Walnut Street Theatre is currently accepting resumes for the following positions:
Walnut Street Theatre (WST), America's oldest theatre and the most subscribed theatre company in the world (over 50,000 subscribers) is looking for an experienced Technical Director. Walnut Street Theatre will be celebrating its 206th season in 2014 – 2015. WST produces a 5 show mainstage (1,100 seats) season which consists of 3 musicals and 2 plays, a 5 show season in its Studio 3 Theatre (80 seats), 5 shows for kids (on the mainstage), and educational outreach tours. WST has its own scene and prop shop with a full time seasonal shop staff. WST is also in the planning stage of designing and building a 377 seat theatre-in-the-round next door to our existing theatre.
- Work with the Production Manager and designers in the planning and execution of all scenic elements
- Budgeting the cost of building materials and labor for each production
- Create working drawings for all scenery using Vectorworks or AutoCAD
- Work with Charge Artist and Head Carpenter on the build schedule for each production
- Work with the House Carpenter on the scheduling of the load in of scenery
- Responsible for managing approx.11 shop personnel
- Maintain positive relationship with IATSE represented employees at both scene shop and theatre
- Interested applicants should have 5 years professional management experience that includes building scenery, engineering moving scenery, be familiar with rigging for a hemp fly system, and knowledge of Vectorworks or AutoCAD drafting as well as time management and scheduling experience.
- The Technical Director works closely with the Production Manager as well as guest designers and directors.
- This is a full time, year round position and the salary is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include employer paid single HMO coverage, life insurance, and parking
Walnut Street Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position available immediately. Cover letter, resume, and references to Joel Markus, Production Manager, at email@example.com.
Walnut Street Theatre seeks teaching artists for Walnut Street Theatre School and for Walnut's Educational Residency programs in local schools. Looking for experienced teaching artists to teach classes to adults and children in acting, singing, dancing and acting for the camera. Particular need for musical theatre teaching artists and accompanists. If interested please send resume and cover letter to Walnut Street Theatre, Attn: Thomas Quinn, Director of Education, 825 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. No e-mail submissions or phone calls please.
Ticketing Services Agents
Walnut Street Theatre has openings for full and part-time Ticketing Services Agents to handle incoming telephone tickets sales and exchanges. Work in a friendly, organized atmosphere and see all productions for free. Apply in person at Walnut Street Theatre, 825 Walnut Street, Monday through Friday between 10AM and 5PM. No phone calls or emails please. EOE.
Sell Walnut Street Theatre subscriptions over the phone. This is part-time, independent contractor work. Shifts are Sunday 5-8pm (mandatory), and Monday through Thursday 6-9pm (three out of four shifts minimum). Pay is weekly, base versus commission, and averages between $11 and $25 per hour. $10 per hour guaranteed during first two weeks of training. FREE TICKETS to shows! Call 215-574-3550, ext. 598 and follow instructions.
Walnut Street Theatre Internships
College Students, High School students and others are placed from time to time in unpaid internships and job shadow opportunities. Each internship or experience is individually designed to meet the educational goals of the candidate and the needs of WST. If interested, send your resume and a letter which describes in detail your goals, availability and if applicable school requirements to: Thomas Quinn, Director of Education, 825 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.